Real Christianity How many times have I heard: "I'm a nice person and I try not to judge others" as a profession of faith? How many times have I heard Christians say "Well, just be nice and you will make it to Heaven!"? How many times have I heard people say: "I made my First Communion and I made my Confirmation"? These people think that Christianity is all about being a good person and getting a prize for it. This isn't Christianity at all! It's watered down Christianity that's as effective as Madam Toussaint and her crystal ball or the guy on stage who keeps shouting that if you give him money you'll grow rich and get to Heaven that way. Being "Nice" has nothing to do with Christianity. "Making" a Sacrament isn't possible. "Only God can judge me" is a farce and an excuse for immoral behavior. Don't be a "Watered Down" anything! Believe in Jesus Christ, realize that He loves you and then ...
Catholic Priest for 40 Years, Convert, Teacher, Question and Answers.
Lieber GOTT in der Himmel; Vielen Dank fur Vater John!
ReplyDeleteTYPO: I need a few says off. days is a better word. I need to find an "Umlaut" typing charactor for the German word "fur".
ReplyDeleteIch denke, wenn Sie Ihre u-Taste auf Ihrer Tastatur gedrückt halten, erscheint ein kleines Menü und Sie können das ü auswählen.
DeleteThe small typo is in your Paragraph #9. I think that, unless I am wrong, that my Windows' 10 Edition does not have a German language dictionary built in.
Delete"Character Map" Yes! That will work to add on special Characters in "Word" and maybe one day I will learn how to add Characters to postings and E-mails from the "Umlaut" typing charactors.
I love your story, Father!
ReplyDelete